Friday, November 11, 2011

My Own Scrapbook Challenge

I've been enjoying participating to some blog scrapbooking challenges lately. Mostly the Hear2Heart and the MojoMonday challenges. When we had our scrapbooking weekend, we also held some challenges there. They are fun, and makes you try new things.

A long time ago I bought a magazine that was basically full of Photo Challenges to use on your scrapbooks. So I went through it, as well as Jeanette's blog for her colour combination suggestions and created a "Challenge Jar". So I'll will be following my own challenges as well.

Please feel free to join me and post a link to you project in the comment section of my blog.

So drum roll please for the first challenge. Ratatatatatatatatatata.

This time around I ended pulling out a colour challenge.


I also had a "date" to have my friend Jaye come over to make some thank you cards for the Zella Community Association. So, of course, I decided to combine both.

My friend is not a scrapbooker or card maker. And she was envisioning a torture filled afternoon/evening of stamping and cutting. Haha. She was pleased and impressed at how quickly we got our 16 cards done and over with. Maybe not quite enough to convert her to the dark side (scrapbooking).

Here is our card:




I also very loosely followed MojoMonday Aug 15 2011's sketch.

I felt that this colour combination was a little tricky, but I'm pleased at how it turned out. And I got to use my new stamp set "Remarkable Wreath" from CTMH which had me very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.