Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Time For Change

Well I just got back from Close To My Heart regional celebration held in Calgary, Alberta. I had a great time, met great fellow scrapbookers, and learned all sorts of things. One of which is that the My Community portion of my website will no longer be available, so here is the alternative My Scrap Corner. I am very excited about this change. Oh! the possibilities!



I am posting here a picture of the layout I prepared for my swap this weekend. It was a lot of work, I had to create 15 x 2 paged layouts but I received many new ones in exchange. A great way to compare ideas and techniques. Until I study each one and see what I can learn here are some details from my layout. This particular layout is from the book Imagine page 96 and 97 Open Forum. The B&T Duos and Cardstock is from CTMH Game On Level 2 paper packet.
I inked my title letters using CTMH sponge dauber and masking with mesh.
I went digging in my husband's shop and found these great shims which i stamped with staz-on ink using CTMH My Acrylix stamp set Moments In Time and embellished with CTMH waxy Flax (This was my first time using waxy flax... I fell in love! I may never be able to go back to regular embroidery floss. This one is worth a try!)
I inked the edges of all my piece of paper with black ink using the sponge bauber and the picture with Staz on to make the layout pop out.
I 2nd generation stamped an image of a dirtbike from the CTMH My Acrylix stamp set Off Road. Light enough to still be able to easily read the journaling but with a little more visual interest. (For those who have not attended one of my workshop or who are not familiar with the term 2nd generation here is a quick explanation. Ink up your image and stamp it once on scrap paper and then without re-inking again on your artwork)

Just as on the title letters I inked my base page with CTMH Colonial white Exclusive Inks Stamp pad using the sponge dauber and masked with mesh. This particular ink pad is pigment based and showed up quite nicely on the black cardstock.
To view or obtain any of the tools and materials for this layout; visit my website www.melaniebarr.myctmh.com or contact me at ambarr1@telus.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.