Thursday, April 30, 2009

Envelope Album

I went to he Dollorama to get a few things to make my nephews birthday present with and got home with a little more then I attended; but being the Dollorama didn't break the $25. I love it. Now I can revamp them with the Close To My Heart product line and make those things spectacular. Yeah!!!

Last night I hosted my monthly project evening. This time we created an envelope album. This album is great to scrapbook your cruise, vacation pictures; you can store your postcards of maps inside the envelope. It would work great with school pictures and store the artwork. Oh the possibilities!

But here are some pictures from last night.

On this poster board the project was featured with the cutting diagram for the B&T paper and other project ideas.











I embellished the front of my album using the Surf's Up Close to my Heart Stamp set.












I used my micro tip scissors a lot embellishing this page... it's a little more labour intensive, but what a result. By the way the dirt bike picture is only temporary until I get a cruise picture from my mother in law (this is her mother's day gift).














We had a blast thought and there were some very nice dessert that was brought along. Thanks Ria and Margaret, delicious!!














I created a quick card to feature the same stamp set and material used for this project


Simply stamp the umbrella image unto the cars and the Tiki grass along the top then using your trimmer cut along the side at 1/2" from the side lifting the blade over the stamped image. Then with the micro tip scissors cut out the inside with a sand dune look along the bottom and through the grass along the top. I stamped the umbrella on the B&T paper and cut out the inside panels of the umbrella and glued them on the umbrella on the card.











I also featured a new technique last night (I tell you if you didn't attend you missed out) called masking.

Using the summertime stamp set from CTMH (close to my heart) I chose the heart to be my odd stamped image out. First I stamped the image onto a post it. Then cut out the heart if possible leaving some of the "sticky backing" on. Them placing the post it with the heart cut out onto the project I stamped with ocean ink pad by CTMH then removing the post it, you are left with a stamp of the heart only since the rest of the stamp landed on the post it. Then I covered the stamped heart with the cut out heart post it and I stamped again with Cocoa ink pad from CTMH making sure the heart is lined up with the post it heart (which is so easy to do with the clear Acrylix stamp) LOVE IT!!!

Every month Close to my heart as a stamp of the month which you can receive for FREE with a qualifying order. The may stamp of the month is called Be Yourself.

Here is a card made by my fellow consultant Samantha Day using the emporium level 2 paper kit and the piecing technique. This technique is done by stamping the same image in two or more colour, then cutting out an element of the stamp in one colour and overlaying it on top of the other stamped image. Very nice.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.