Sunday, May 03, 2009

A weekend of parties

This was the weekend of parties. It was great, there simply isn't anything like a gathering. First on Friday my friend and neighbour hosted a Close To My Heart gathering with me. We had a great time. We made it into an early mother's day celebration. I used up bunch of my raided items from the Dollorama and transformed them for this gathering. The next day I had an Epicure tasting / Karaoke party at me house.





Here are a few pictures and details of the items I prepared for my friend gathering.




















The project of the night that everyone got to make and take home was the Waterfall Mini Album (Again, Thank you so much Kellie for showing me how to make this one) Full details on how to make this mini album can be found under My Art on my website http://www.melaniebarr.myctmh.com/. This project is really quite simple to make, and it looks so intricate; it's sure to please anyone. If you are trying to make this project and finding the instruction complicated to follow please contact me, I'd be happy to help.

















I like to make something using the Close To My Heart product line to make my hostess gift. This time I bought a small glass vase and I tied a bow around the top with a my CTMH ribbon. Using there rub ons I put Friends on the front and dotted the I with a small clear sparkle. How versatile are those product huh?






For the prizes there was two chocolate bars that I recover with stamped b&t paper, and an embellishment organizer that I embellished with card stock and B&T paper and stamped with "in scrap booking there are no mistakes, only opportunity for embellishments"

I made a little button jar, which I stamped "cute as a button" in front of it. I embellished the top by cutting out flower pattern from the paper, and a button and some waxy flax.
















I created a mini filling folder by folding sealed envelopes and cutting out the ends. This project turned out quite nice. More details on how I created it can be found on my website.





















I also made a card gift box. It's not quite completed as I haven't made the cards, mini-cards and tags to fill this up. I found this design in a scrapbook magazine's website. I forget which one now. It's a little complicated to do but looks so good.



















Well it was a great weekend and I've been having a blast coming up with new ideas and project. I'd love to see what you come up with; e-mail me some pictures.
Talk to you soon
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.