Monday, June 27, 2011

Heart 2 Heart and Mojo Monday 197

This week I decided to combine Heart 2 Heart’s colour challenge along with Mojo Monday 197 sketch.





I got an order in last week and I was eager to try out my new stamp set. It’s was one that I always admire and envied my customer who got it. Now I’m the lucky one. Yeah!! I selected Outdoor Denim for my blue and I opted for the square card for the obvious reason that it is easier to cut out a square then a circle.




All the material used for this card is from CTMH. Here is the list.

Cardstock:
Outdoor Denim
Barn Red
Bamboo

Ink:
Outdoor Denim Z2104
Barn Red Z2104
Stamp Set:
Ciao D1461

Other:
3D tape
Hemp
Glue Dots
Crop-A-Dile
1 1/4" Circle Punch


I cut out the postage circle stamp with the CTMH circle punch. I then glued it to a piece of Barn Red cardstock and then I freestyles trimmed it for the matting.


I used the Crop-A-Dile small hole punch to create the look of a postage stamp.


At first I found the background much too plain. So I stamped the same image that was stamped in the center in outdoor denim for a tone on tone look. As well as a greeting on the top.

 
And Voila!! the final product.

13 comments:

  1. Melanie - this is one gorgeous card! Great job combining both challenges. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that circle element with the twine behind it! perfectly matched with the postage stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the tone on tone look for the background...great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice card & one of my favorite stamp sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie, I thought I had the entire CTHM catalogue memorized!! I totally overlooked this set. Your card is just fabulous. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combo you have used and I love how you have done the background, extra value from your stamps, yay! cute idea with the stamp too ;-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great color combination for this rustic stamp set. So happy you were able to check a little something off your wish list. The finishing details of your card are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of this card! Vintage and the postage stamp is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage, travelled look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card meets both challenges so well! Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and the stamping is incredible! But my favorite part of your card is the round embellishment you made at the left top. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.