Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Having Fun With My Cricut Imagine

If you know me personally, you know I've just received my new Cricut Imagine. I've talked of nothing else in the last two weeks. Well it is here, it is big!!! and it is worth all the scrapbooking surface it is using!



I haven't been participating to very many challenges lately and I wanted to get right back at it. I also wanted to play with the Cricut Imagine so I did both with the Mojo Monday Challenge 201. I am really pleased and impressed with the result. This machine is going to be fun! 

Here is this weeks Sketch challenge with Mojo Monday. I decided to do the circle card. So using the Yummy Art Cartridge and the preloaded shapes on the Cricut I made this card.




First I selected the Scallop circle from the preloaded shapes and sized it to 4.5 inches, I copies it so that I would have two. I also selected the Popsicle on the layered setting at 2.5 inches. I added the border and changed the colour to a teal blue and sized it to 1.5 inches. I selected the Celebrate tag and left it on the assembled image and set it to 1 inch. I picked out of the pendant that had a circle  designed to it and set it to the layered image. I changed the colour of the circle to the chocolate with writing background. I then removed all the other pendant layers and sized the circle to Actual 4 inches. I also changed my setting so that there would not be a coloured border along the edges of my images. When it came to print and cut, it needed to be on two pages to accommodate the sizes I selected.








I trimmed the border to remove the top part and shorten it to fit my circle. And of course I inked my edges in chocolate ink.


I matched the scalloped circle and scored a little bit of the edge on the back piece to create my card.




And then I assembled the card. Using some pop dots on one of the  Popsicle and the tag. Here is the final result.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.