Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scrapbook in a box.

Well I sure haven’t blogged for a while, or participated to many challenges. Cross that I really mean ANY challenges. But really it’s not because I haven’t been scrapbooking. I just organized a scrapbooking weekend. I’ve been making my samples and hosting my monthly workshop. I’ve also been busy drooling over the new CTMH Idea Book. And we have been haying at the farm. I’m using the term WE quite loosely here. I’ve been on kids duty mostly.


Also there was two wedding showers this week. My mother’s, and for one of my new step sister. So I thought I would share with you what I made for them. This project was shared at our last CTMH consultant meeting, one of my second downline showed me how to make these. Thanks Lauren! So here is my version.

I made my mom’s first. Keep in mind this was my first take and that my camera was MIA and I took these pictures with my phone.



I got really excited about putting this project together that I forgot to ink my edges until after it was all put together. But it turned out okay. This is a surprisingly very easy project to make.












I made this one on Saturday evening. Lately while I scrapbook I've been doing it with my laptop in front of me watching scrapbooking videos on youtube. Well while doing this box I learned how to make rolled paper flowers. So I decided to try them for the next box.
 





These have turned out better then I would have thought and they get together so well. I did one in cardstock with the one sides stamped with some flourishes. The other two are with sweatheart B&T Duos. I used some Olive Twist Smooch pearlized accent ink on the edges of my flowers and glued the whole thing together with liquid glass. Love it!! And very solid.

So here is how this scrapbook in a box ended.









I am very pleased at how these turn out and I hope my mom and sister like them as well. I will definetly make this into a workshop. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. PS I forgot to say that that pink ribbon was really white and I coloured it with my permenant markers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.