I started this card in the beginning of October for the H2H October 3rd Challenge (H2H76). This challenge was for a sketch. When I saw the sketch, it reminded me of an idea I came across in the cricut magazine that I’ve wanted to try. I’m using the sketch for the inside of my card.
But then life happened and ended up getting pretty busy at the farm. So I am just now completing my card. Just in time the H2H October 24th Challenge. Which is to create anything for Fall/Halloween. So I’ll enter my card for both challenges.
Here is the list of material used for this project.
CTMH White Colonial Cardstock
CTMH Black Cardstock
Both Orange pattern papers are from an unknown source
CMTH Thriller (Skeleton Head)
CTMH Mischief Workshop Stamp Set (Greeting, Bottle, Border)
CTMH All Hallows Eve (Spider Web)
CTMH Archival Black
CTMH Colonial White
CTMH Black Hemp
CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Jewel Glitter Glitz (Blush)
Making Memories Circle Cutter
Here are the steps for creating this card.
First using the cricut I cut out three scalloped cards. Two in black cardstock and one in my lighter orange pattern paper. At this point, if I had a gypsy I would have used it to cut out the circle from the middle of one of my black cards, since I don’t, I used the making memories circle cutter. I then glued the orange card to the inside of the whole black card. I scored the black card with the circle cut out in the middle and on both side at about 2” from the middle. Then I glued the end of the cut out card to the black/orange card.
I stamped the border on the edge of a strip of darker orange patterned paper and adhere to the inside of my card, trimming the edge to match the scalloped edge (ps I inked the edges with black ink). And I stamped the border in colonial white on both side of my card.
I stamped the skeleton head on colonial white cardstock twice. Cutting out the first around the flourish and the second around the head. I glued them together using 3D foam squares. I placed glue to cover the heart eye patch and sprinkled it with the glitter. Ohhh so pretty!!!
For the front of the card, I stamped my border and greeting in archival black. I inked the edges with black ink and stamped the spider web using second generation stamping technique.
I stamped the bottle with Archival Black on a piece of dark orange pattern paper and trimmed it out. Using a blending pen I coloured the flame with Sorbet ink and using a dried up blending pen I coloured the candle with the Colonial White ink. Adhered the bottle with 3D foam square and VOILA!!!!