Saturday, October 29, 2011

Haunted House

As some of you may know, from my previous post, the Zella Community is hosting a Halloween Party this weekend and I’ve been working on some decorations.


I decided to make a spooky haunted house. At the moment I’m a little scarce on black from all the other projects I’ve had on the go. So I decided to make the base of the house in a dark gray. I took a sheet of Gray Wool cardstock and first sponge it with black ink; then I stamped the spider web all over using the second generation technique with black ink. At this point I still found the colour dark enough so I rubbed my ink pad on the piece of cardstock in a circular motion (this is called the faux leather technique).





I cut the base shape of the house using the cricut then I stamped the brick detail all over. And the wood grain to the shutters.



I inked the edges and stamped the Halloween scene around the house.



A battery operated tea light inside illuminated the cut out window for a spooky effect.

Material used:

Ink: Black, Archival Black

Cardstock: Gray Wool, Purple Pansy

Cricut Cartridge: Winter Woodland (3DBDLG5)

Stamps: Universal Background (Wood Grain), Captured Moments (Halloween Scene), All Hallows Eve (Spider Web), Around The Block (Bricks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.