Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mummy Glass

The Zella Community Hall is hosting a family Halloween party that I’m helping decorate for. So I’ve been keeping my eyes out for cool decorations. I came across these really neat “vase” at http://www.freakingcraft.com/2011/10/mums-word.html. So I decided to make my own version.


I got four glasses from the dollar store, two small and two tall. I also picked up little battery operated tea lights and large googly eyes. A few roll of gauze from the pharmacy and a bottle of silver glitter Mod Podge from Wal-Mart. You’ll also need a paint brush and scissors.





First I painted a layer of the Mod Podge directly on the glass, then I started rolling the Gauze around the glass painting Mod Podge over top the gauze as I went. I cut the gauze when I had the whole glassed covered and glued on the googly eyes.







It was a very easy project to make and they turned out so good. It’ll make a great decoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the little thing that makes my day just that more special.